Time to Get Back on Track
By Ashley Peleckas
Holiday season is officially over and it’s time to get back to our normal routines. The time in between thanksgiving and New Years tends to always throw a wrench into our daily lives, whether it be holiday parties, shopping or just lack of sleep. These alternations to our routines make it difficult to keep up with healthy eating and exercise and can cause regression in progress we have made. If you’re like me, it’s tough to snap out of it so here are a few quick tips to help get back on track!
- Schedule your workout - You should think of your workout as a scheduled appointment in which you can’t miss. Thinking of it in this way will hold you more accountable to show up and get it done rather then putting it off.
- Morning workouts - Exercising in the morning is a sure way not to miss it. This leaves no room for excuses to come up during the day. It also gives you a burst of energy to start your morning.
- 80/20 rule - You don’t need to eat healthy 100 percent of the time, but you should try to stick to it 80 percent of the time. This leaves some wiggle room to indulge in cheat meals but limiting it to only 20 percent of the time because we need to remember... you can’t out train a bad diet!
- Small portions - It’s all about portion control, even for healthy foods. Most people tend to overeat and not even realize it is happening. To help control this, try using a small plate as opposed to the bigger one and only eat until satisfied not completely full.
- WATER - Drink lots of water! Try drinking a glass of water before meals, this will help to prevent over eating as well.
Be sure to schedule all of your B.B. 1.0 and 2.0 classes today and start the new year off in a happy and healthy way!